From the Army before Richmond
Headquarters Army of the Potomac
June 10, 1864
. . .
Our base at White House is completely established, and capable of supplying us indefinitely with an unlimited quantity of rations and forage. The railroad has been completed to the front, near Dispatch Station, and the fine locomotive, named Lieut-Gen. U.S. Grant, ranges back and forth nearly to the Chickahominy.
-New York Tribune